Monday, June 30, 2014

MRCB eyes 11.6ha govt plot

By Sharen Kaur
sharen@mediaprima.com.my
Published in NST on June 30, 2014

MALAYSIAN Resources Corp Bhd (MRCB) is said to be targeting an 11.6ha government land adjacent to its PJ Sentral project in Petaling Jaya under a possible privatisation deal.
The plot, home to the former Hotel Singgahsana, Petaling Jaya Magistrate Court and the Chemistry Department, has a potential gross development value (GDV) of more than RM7 billion.
Business Times understands that the land, owned by the Department of Director General of Lands and Mines under the Natural Resources and Environment Ministry, is valued at more than RM600 million, or over RM450 per square feet.
A privatisation proposal for that piece of land was submited by a consortium led by Nusa Gapurna Development (NGD) Sdn Bhd about four years ago, although a deal did not materialise.
NGD — a 60:40 partnership between Gapurna Sdn Bhd and the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) — had a 70 per cent interest in the RM3 billion PJ Sentral mixed development, but was involved in an asset injection exercise with MRCB.
The Selangor State Development Corp (PKNS) had owned the remaining 30 per cent.
“MRCB, which now owns 100 per cent of PJ Sentral after an out-of- court settlement with PKNS recently, wants to take over the 11.6ha land under a privatisation deal, with the government getting payments based on the project value.
“The idea is to have a bigger development that can generate higher GDV than the current estimates," sources said.
MRCB, under the leadership of Tan Sri Mohamad Salim Fateh Din, and NGD, a company that he controls, recently reached a settlement agreement with PKNS Holdings Sdn Bhd over the sale of PJ Sentral Development Sdn Bhd, the owner of PJ Sentral.
In March, PKNS Holdings had filed an injunction to stop MRCB and NGD from completing their multi-million-ringgit merger plans, following MRCB’s proposed acquisition of the 70 per cent equity in PJ Sentral Development from NGD for nearly RM200 million.
The settlement agreement saw MRCB paying RM85.3 million cash for PKNS’ 30 per cent stake in PJ Sentral Development.
MRCB is currently involved in the RM11 billion KL Sentral transport hub in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur. Its other ongoing projects are Puncak Iskandar in Johor and Taman Kajang Utama in Kajang, Selangor.

19 comments:

  1. Very soon this website will be famous among all blog users, due to
    it's pleasant articles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to all, it's genuinely a good for me to go to see this web page, it consists
    of valuable Information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything.
    However imagine if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more,
    "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could certainly be one of the most beneficial in its
    niche. Very good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if you could write a
    litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a
    little bit more. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?
    you made running a blog look easy. The overall look of
    your website is magnificent, as well as the content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old
    daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a
    hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go
    back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think
    I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or
    weblog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo
    I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So
    i am satisfied to convey that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I
    came upon exactly what I needed. I most for sure will
    make certain to don?t fail to remember this site and
    provides it a glance regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great submit, very informative. I ponder why the
    opposite experts of this sector don't understand this.

    You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you've a huge readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!

    Extremely helpful information particularly the last part :
    ) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks , I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I have discovered till now.

    But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the source?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like what you guys are usually up too. This type of
    clever work and reporting! Keep up the wonderful works guys I've
    included you guys to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty element of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your
    blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing on your feeds or even I success you get entry
    to persistently rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share views.
    Great blog, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest
    blogs online. I'm going to highly recommend this website!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.

    Did you make this amazing site yourself? Please reply
    back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would love to learn where you got this from or what the theme is named.
    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are
    a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a
    wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very fascinating, You are an overly skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and sit up for searching for more of your excellent post.
    Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks

    ReplyDelete